One computer class — Computer Basics — and seven computer workshops — One-on-One Computer Support, Computer Maintenance, Online Shopping and Banking, Texting and Typing on Your iPhone, File Management, Free Workshop, and Google Photos — will be taught in March for adults at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) Donald W. Reynolds Institute on Aging.
The courses will be presented by the Little Rock Digital Learning Center, a nonprofit volunteer group. Courses begin Feb. 1. The schedule is:
· One-on-One Computer Support, March 1-30; Call for appointment.
· Texting and Typing on Your iPhone, March 1, 1-3 p.m.
· Computer Basics, Mondays and Wednesdays, March 5-21, 10 a.m. to noon.
· File Management, March 6 and 8, 1:30-3 p.m.
· Computer Maintenance, March 12 or 14, 1-3 p.m.
· Google Photos, March 13 and 15, 1:30-3 p.m.
· Free Workshop, March 16, 1-3 p.m.
· Online Shopping and Banking, March 26 and 28, 1-3 p.m.
The course fee for three- and four-week classes is $60, including a manual. Additional courses range from $20 to $35 for workshops, depending on the number of sessions and whether a manual is included. Classes are in Room 2156 at the UAMS Institute on Aging, 629 Jack Stephens Drive.